Here is a current mix of music including some that got stuck in my head…
- Norah Jones “Sinking Soon” from Not Too Late listening over breakfast caused it to go around in my head for two days. Smokey bluesy vocals. I admire her courage in speaking what she feels on these topics.
- Chick Corea and Return to Forever’s classic “Spain” got stuck in my head, and the whole Light as a Feather album recently re-purchased on iTunes, Brazillian-flavoured jazz, holds up to repeated listening and wears well 35 years later.
- Chick Corea and Bela Fleck 2007 album Enchantment sophisticated jazz interplay with lots of tensions using piano and acoustic banjo. NPR has interviews http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11598402
- Aphex Twin – Selected Ambient Works vol II. Very nice. I’m looking forward to the film Sleep Furiously, shot outside of Aber and featuring Aphex Twin’s music on the soundtrack.
- John Coltrane Blue Train always creates a nice mood for just about everything, and it was commented on as ‘good choice of music’.
The Mid Mad (midsummer madness) was good, I liked Blazing Fiddles traditional Celtic music from Scotland, very cool to see hip Aber teenages dancing so enthusiatically to this. The Cuban Charanga group also had everyone dancing.