Haven’t posted in months, mainly because too busy. In case anyone wants to know what I’ve been up to, here are some updates on creative work and performances:
- The Flux launch seems a long time ago, but I haven’t reported back. We had a packed room in the Bookshop. It was great to meet the editors and other authors. I was really impressed with some of the short stories, in particular, especially some that were delivered in the style of performance storytelling (yes, there’s a connecting thread here). I read my poem, Brick, from the anthology.
- Been writing poems and working on a short story/novella in the past few months, more than songwriting. I am holding back on posting new poems, because I might want to publish them 🙂
- August Sunny Sunday charity event in Machynlleth – read two poems and sang one of my own songs at this lovely event organised by Phil Wheeler, met some great musicians. It was a win-win even with the rain.
- August Shrewsbury Folk Festival – I sang in the open mic and a sing-around session, but the real highlight wasn’t my opwn little performances but rather seeing friends and the dancing to Blowzabella – three hours of mazurka, waltz, schottische, bourree, and more. Some great concerts, Richard Thompson, Fay Hield, Jack Harris, Show of Hands, Kate Rusby, Jon Boden and Remnant Kings, Jonathan Byrd and more. Brill!
- August/Sept – the two Surrealist Workshops as part of the Ceredigion Art Trail went well. I was so busy publicising other things, that I didn’t make a big deal out of my own events, but we had nice groups both times and did a mixture of collaborative and automatic drawing, random word stories, and more.
- 15 Sept – I’ve got a 2-song gig in Corris at the Corris Institute as an opening act for Corina Piatti, one of Tony Corden’s series of El Sueno Existe musical nights. Really looking forward to it. Come along!
- 30 Nov-2 Dec – lots going on with the Aberystwyth Storytelling Festival. Pete has put together an impressive programme of performances, including storytelling, music, installations, and videos. The Aberystwyth Arts Centre has posted the event with booking details. As for my bits, the website is up, with details of most of the performances: http://aberstoryfestival.wordpress.com/ The flyer is in press. I’ll be doing a special activity in The Box with collaborative storytelling inspired by visuals, as well as a combination surrealist games workshop/performance in the Performance Studio (round studio). Very excited. This is my focus at the moment.
- Still singing at the folk club, and occasional drumming with Samba Agogo.
Guess that’s it for now. More later!